Nuts and Bolts
TYPES OF BOLTS
- Carriage bolts: Carriage bolts feature a domed or countersunk head with a square underside that prevents turning post-installation. They are often used with wood and masonry.
- Flange bolts: Flange bolts are a specialized type of hex head bolt that has an integrated flange that serves as a washer component to more evenly distribute the load.
- Plow bolts: Similar to carriage bolts, some plow bolts have a square-shaped countersunk top. Others have a domed design. These bolts are ideal for heavy-duty applications like industrial machinery.
- Hex head bolts/ Hex Head Cap Screw: Characterized by their hexagonal head shape, hex head bolts are a broader category of bolts that requires installation with a wrench. They are available in many lengths and threading varieties. Hex Head Cap Screws have tighter tolerances and are the most common Hex Bolt category.
- Square head bolts: Like hex head bolts, square head bolts are defined by their head shape—i.e., square. This head design facilitates tooling gripping, allowing for easier installation.
- Socket Head Cap Screws/ Allen bolt: Socket head cap screws have a flat chamfered top surface with a smooth or knurled cylindrical sides. Forged heat-treated alloy examples are high strength fasteners intended for the most demanding mechanical applications, with special alloy formulations.
- Additional bolt types: The other bolt types that we can custom manufacture include anchor, belt (e.g., eye, hook, J, and U), countersunk, lag, and T-handle bolts.
TYPES OF NUTS
- Coupling nuts: A coupling nut is a longer, cylindrical nut that joins two male threads. This component can be used to add length to an installation.
- Flange nuts: Similarly to flange bolts, flange nuts feature a round flange that acts as an external washer, and allowing for a more even load distribution.
- Hex nuts: Hex nuts are hexagonally shaped. These nuts are extremely versatile but require a wrench for installation. The types of hex nuts we supply include finished hex, semi-finished hex, hex flange, hex jam, heavy hex, and slotted hex.
- Lock nuts: Lock nuts are available in a range of shapes and are used to secure other nuts and prevent them from loosening. Types of Lock nuts include All Metal Lock nuts with Top or Side locking features, Serrated Hex Flange, and Nylon Inserts.
- Slotted nuts: Slotted nuts are designed and constructed such that they can form a locking mechanism with a cotter pin or a safety wire.
- Square nuts: Square nuts are characterized by their square shape. This head shape increases the surface area of the fastener and the amount of friction it experiences, reducing the risk of it loosening.
- Wheel nuts: Wheel nuts are a broad category of nuts that are used in automotive wheel applications.
Additional nut types: The other nut types we can custom manufacture include cap, castle, conical, Keps, thumb, and wing.
Contact us today for more information on our services!